Saturday, October 11, 2008

How small I am



So...one Saturday my friend Matt and I decided it would be fun to climb Mount Timp. Ha ha. Little did I know most people train for these kinds of things. An 18-mile upward hike, and not even an hour into it I felt my asthma starting to act up. I thought to myself..."What the heck am I doing?!" But I have to admit it was quite the sense of accomplishment when I finally got to the peak. I also felt closer to my Heavenly Father everytime I looked behind me at how much we had climbed. Not just because of the amazing beauty of the Earth, but also because I realized how very small I am. How everything I have, everything I am, and everything I am aspiring to be, is all because of him. My dependence upon him was reafirrmed. And in that moment of feeling so little, I also felt so big. Because despite how small I am in this huge world, he knows and loves me better than anyone else, and despite how many millions of people need his help, he is still willing to send me little tender mercies everyday as a reminder of our relationship. Now that is cool.

No comments: